Film entries for 10th CIFF can be submitted through this link or in person at the ICAF office (address given below)
Application for Film Entries to any of the featured categories - World Cinema / Indian Panaroma / Tamizh Film in Competition - are welcome. Kindly apply in the prescribed format and note the rules and regulation for the Competition Section which is open for Tamizh feature films only. For any additional queries, please contact ICAF.
Please note that the last date for entries to the World Cinema & Indian Panaroma Section is 7 Nov 2012. For Thamizh Feature Films in Competition Section it is 15 Nov 2012.
Competition Section is for Tamizh Feature Films only.
CIFF Trophy and cash award to
1. Best feature film
2. Second best feature film
3. Best Director
4. Individual Excellence
The aim of the awards is to encourage production of Tamil films with aesthetic and technical excellence that also promote understanding and appreciation of Tamizh culture.
The competition is for Tamil Feature films only.
- One of the Directors/Producers should be an Indian National.
- The applicant should have the right for sanctioning participation.
- The film should have been certified between 16 October 2011 and 15 October 2012
- Dubbed films are not entitle for participation
- Entries should preferably have sub-titles in English language.
- The producer of the selected films should submit the print in 35mm, DCP or DigiBeta with English sub-titles, failing which the film will be disqualified for competition screening.
- English sub-titles, failing which the film will be disqualified for competition screening.
LAST DATE FOR ENTRY
The last date to submit the application for entry along with the screener for entry into the Thamizh Feature Films competition section is 15 November 2012.
PROCEDURE FOR ENTRY
• A film shall be entered only by its producer / right holder or by his
• The producer should submit his/her entry in the Entry Form and the form
must be completed in all aspects. The entry form should be submitted
along with the copy of the censor certificate, failing which the entry is
liable for rejection.
• Two copies of the detailed synopsis in Tamil and in English must be
PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION
A three member Jury (a chairperson and two members) duly constituted by the Chennai International Film Festival Core Committee will judge and decide for all categories of the CIFF Awards.
The decision of Chennai International Film Festival in respect of matters covered by these Regulations and of the Interpretation of these Regulations shall be final. A person submitting an entry for the award shall be deemed to have accepted these Regulations.
The entry form, Screener, other materials and all correspondence should be addressed to
The Festival Director
Chennai Intl. Film Festival (CIFF)
Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (I.C.A.F.)
E Block, Second Floor,No.4
Gemini Parsn Apartments, Cathedral Garden Road
Chennai 600 006
Tamil Nadu, India
Tel/Fax: 91 44 2821 2652
Tel : 91 44 6516 3866